wrangled and wrinkled.

Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm still driving on Will's gas.
And I'm -- still -- driving -- on -- Will's -- gas.
Thanks, Will. For the gas.

You know that song you liked?
The one you liked so much?
For me -- it's a shredded curtain blown by wind.

It is held together now...with:
1.Weak strands woven through ventricles.
2. (Inaudible medical mumblings)
For -- me it was like little pins...

It's held together now, like a glued rock.
It's safely tied!...In a knotted sock.
It's cemented now in Plaster of Paris.
It's a frozen fossil now, Allosaurus fragilis...

Planted architecture, and locked beer cases.
Familiar places - non familiar faces.
This started my hoarsest week.
My chest is solid.

I miss you and I don't even know you.
And I'm so ready to love

3 comments:

Amanda said...

"Planted architecture, and locked beer cases.
Familiar places - non familiar faces.
This started my hoarsest week.
My chest is solid."


That part was very sad. And I am serious about that other poem too. I think about this one for a while and tell you later if I really like it or not.

Jeff of course said...

Wait, they are both sad? And you don't like this one?

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
No, the In the Face of War Pictures are not for sale. But, I can print one for you real nice if you like. Just let me know. jonny