wrangled and wrinkled.

Monday, May 26, 2008

I have to document this, because of it's oddity. It so closely resembles fate, I can scarcely disbelieve in it anymore. Ok, for those of you who have known me for a long time/remember/read this at all...you might remember my first screen name was a laughable "daftpunk68". We didn't have AOL so I couldn't get the coveted @aol.com suffix. But the next best thing in email then was Yahoo. So I promptly made a user name there as daftpunk86@yahoo.com. No, that's not a mistype, I couldn't get 86 for an AIM name so I switched the number around. We being that I "matured" over time, I wanted a new, untraceable user name for my yahoo.com email. I came up with, in 2001 "b765_b@yahoo.com" I wanted something simple and easy to remember, so I used the numbers "765". About a year later when researching schools I chose Indiana Wesleyan and have spent 7 years off and on here. Well I just noticed the choice of my email slightly predates my arrival to Marion, In...which conveniently has the area code of what? "765".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why the hell you had that email haha thought it was weird. Looks like you predicted me as being your roommate by using B.

-Baxter

Jeff of course said...

Totally! Ok, this is weird. One B for Baxter and one for Beaver.

Amanda said...

I think you're losing it.