wrangled and wrinkled.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Here is a piece done by Derek Hess, one of my favorite artists. He is based in Cleveland, and I have met him a few times (years ago). I read his blog quite frequently, and even though I may not be a Democrat, I still respect his involvement in politics. We are blessed to have a political system that is run partly by it's citizens. Though it may not be perfect, and maybe there is no perfect candidate...it could be worse. I know I should "support" those candidates which are Republican, but I can't. I see too much corruption and back talking. If I vote Obama/Biden, I hope I am not merely voting for a new kind of politics, but one which is open to all belief and acceptance. Because our differences should be celebrated and people should be loved, and not segregated into categories which damn them. I'm sick of being a Christian and voting Republican and being in a box. My life isn't reduced to "wedge" issues as it seems the Republicans make it. I'm sorry, but gay marriage, abortion, and immigration are not issues of my Faith, but they are issues which are about humanity. For me, the best way to serve humanity is not to judge it, but to love the unloved and to serve them as Christ would.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda said...

All very good points. :)

Anonymous said...

this says it all:
http://store.barackobama.com/product_p/tb24430.htm

the real problem is a lot of people who are part of our "MTV generation" dont look at the issues at hand and think "Change, (I dont know what it is) but it must be awesome" even if it could be far far worse.

I have no problem with people voting for whoever they want to but I just wish our right to democracy wasnt a trend and voting for Obama wasnt like buying the newest ipod.

Barack Obama product of the year 2008.

-Baxter

Jonny & Mary said...

I'm voting for McCain because I agree with a lot of his policies on finances, healthcare, and war. I just also happen to agree with his stance on so called ethics issues. I also think Obama lies through his teeth about lots of issues. Review his financial plan online and compare to what he says in debates. Check it out.