wrangled and wrinkled.

Monday, February 13, 2006

I went home this weekend. Max came with me. It was kind of odd, because I was in all the same places I have always gone to: (Cw's, Seattle's, Fairlawn, Akron) but I am in a totally different stage of life now. It's funny to experience those things again and think how times have changed. Everyone knows everything changes. For me, the change is usually unwanted, but then when it happens I think "How could I have ever lived this way?" (or eaten that, or listened to this etc.) It would be a good thing to keep growing like this. When change happens, to realize it for the better, and not yearn for past times or future times. I will try really hard to take change like this for the rest of my life. I hope God keeps changing me.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I know. I always think about this kid I met when I was 16 at church. I remember it perfectly. He ran over to my friend and I with some weird color of hair and I thought he may be a little goblin.

But we became friends anyway! Now I wonder, "GOSH, how could I ever have hung out with him?!"

I'm sure glad that little goblin isn't such a little goblin anymore, and thank God we ALL change. But we were just what we were supposed to be back then, in 1998. And we're just what we're supposed to be now.

Jeff of course said...

Thanks for that half-compliment.