wrangled and wrinkled.

Friday, January 01, 2010

From a dream I:

I had a dream that there was a fire and a tornado at the same time in the old school building where my art was stored. It was the building across from the pond behind the old pool. They weren't using that room it was in, and I was going to ask them if I could use it as a studio. I had just taken down some pieces which I had entrusted them to hang and store. When I got there they were only attached to the wall with tape placed across the corners of each drawing. One was partially covered with what seemed to be gesso or white house paint. Out of the people who were with me no one cared. So I stored my supplies and what had hung in the building in the room that they weren't using, the room I was going to ask to use as my studio.

That night at the same time, there was a fire and a tornado. It destroyed the old school building completely. No one seemed to care. But one lady did. It was miss lonely hearts from Rear Window. She came to tell me about the fire and tornado. She then took me over to what remained of the school.

As we walked over, the starting power forward for the Miami Heat, Michael Beasley walked with us. He and I talked about the Rose Bowl and the Florida State Seminals. We were both positive that the last name of their starting quarterback was Wenger (This is untrue, although Notre Dame does have a starting offensive lineman named Dan Wenger). He walked off as I sifted through the rubble. I don't remember if I found anything, but miss lonely hearts from Rear Window cared. And I encouraged her to tell the men upstairs that music saved her life.

No comments: