wrangled and wrinkled.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

From a dream II

....And last night, especially last night was a vivid one. A scene set in a dusty desert, and a car the same color. Early 90's Chrysler or Dodge in it's appearance. While the wind blew I tried to convince you. I told you to get into the beige junker and to take a ride with me. You would not. So I circled the car in an effort to present to you a noble chariot. It had it's normal 4 wheels. One wheel with the black highway grit rubbed on it's face with no hub cap. Another wheel had a white walled tire. The left front wheel had a plain hub cap. The 4th, the back left wheel shone our reflection so brightly it can hardly recall what was seen. It was a multi spoked 1970's luxury Cadillac hub cap. You were not impressed. I then showed you that the heap was also a convertible. I had never done this before, but I began to open the top. The convertible top was made of horse blanket wool and was scratchy but warm. The pattern was an exact replication of the flannel blanket on my bed with frills and all. Imagine my surprise when I noticed that the pattern that I love, the one on my blanket was now the top to this automobile. I remember you stood nonplussed. But what I remember most was the dust, the sun and the wind blowing.

I was in the garage of my father and on the wall hung it's normal adornments. A general assortment of cords, signs, golf clubs, train boards, a radio and more. One pair of shoes also hung from the wall. Knowing, but without knowing I knew they were his shoes. Beside that pair was a well worn sandal. I searched and searched for the other sandal. All through the garage I dug and I did not find it.

No comments: