wrangled and wrinkled.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday! Yesterday Tim and Pierce visited for a day. We went to Bw3's and Pierce (the little devil) drank his weight in Diet Coke. Thanks, Grandma. That's like liquid crack to an almost two year old. It was pretty funny though. I had 12 boneless, they were good. I like that place less and less everytime I go in there. It makes me thankful for places like CW's. So many TV's, loud music, and smoke. It creates this "I don't need to talk to my family, there is baseball on TV" kind of vibe. Part of the reason to go out is to converse and have fun.

Today I am going to a guy from our college group's house for a cookout. It should be fun. It's a different world when I come back here. Most of the time when I see my old friends it's like we have never been apart. Except now we are all growing up, and entering the real world. Most of the time we manage to not have those stupid "remember when" conversations (although there is a time and place for those) and just talk about regular things. However, baggage brought on by growing up in a church youth group talk is always pretty fun.

Maybe this will be my last week at work. They want to have me..."on call". What the? Am I a nurse?

"Yes, excuse me, we have a clogged toilet, can you come in and clean it and then leave?"

Sounds like a blast. Oh, well. Soon I will be up to my nose in paint and ink.

No comments: