wrangled and wrinkled.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

If anyone who reads this wonders, I am not dead. However, my internet connection is. So here I am sitting in the student center checking my bank balance and my email. (Neither one has changed much). On Friday, I had a gallery opening. It went pretty well. I was surprised to see so many friendly faces out there to support Julie, the arts and I. It was a good feeling to see my paintings recieved (from what I can tell) in a good light. They will be up until June 22nd if anyone is interested.

Another chance I have to display my work is June 3rd. There is an old theatre in Indianapolis that is being renovated and they are having a cd release show for Josh Garrols and wanted some art work too. I met the guy in charge, he came down Friday to Dean Johnson. It should be a good experience.

A majority of work in the last week has been 12 hour days so that has been hampering painting. The art building here which houses all my supplies closes at 5 and I have been to lazy after a long day to go. Some of those days I worked past 5 and some after 4 I am beat. I should be able to get most of my stuff by Tuesday.

I'm still reading "Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man" slowly but surely. I like it a lot. Thanks for the recommendation Amanda.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I would like to see a collection of paintings using shades of brown. My favorite. Maybe some blue circles.

Jeff of course said...

I have a large work approx. 36'' x 40'' that has earth tones with brown. It also has a color close to blue, it's turquoise. I think you would like it. Maybe if I ever get a digital camera I will shoot it and post it on here.