wrangled and wrinkled.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jailed

Our first kiss was in jail
Our first kiss was in the holding cell, it was a stiff backed bench sleepless night secret

We held hands in the cop car
We held hands in the cold clamped secure backseat, it was a cordoned off secret

It was a police line catastrophe -- hit and run hold up love

We last kissed in front of the judge
We last kissed in view of the jury, and it wasn't fanciful and ha-ppy

We were convicted of first class forgery
We were convicted of second class perjury

It was a public nuisance -- domestic disturbance embezzled love

First base, Second base, Third base.
And now love is the swinging gallowed dead corpse creepy love.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm dying to know what made you think of this one. But it did remind me of that time my cross country buddies and I got arrested. Remember?

Jeff of course said...

An episode of Family Ties where Alex dates a feminist and they go to jail, and she is so taken by him they kiss. But in the end it turns out he's faking it because he likes her. I just liked to think about a first kiss being in prison, then I made up the rest.