wrangled and wrinkled.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

You have the prettiest hair, and I mean the prettiest hair in the world. In the world. In your world. There's a lot of reasons why we exist in two different worlds. And I know yours is filled with a great light. While my world is filled with murky shadows. The light I see when I see it is through trees and leaves. It's through dusty blinds, it's through rotten garage windows. But sometimes I see light like I want to see and the way it's meant to be seen. When I drive down Washington and I take a left. Around 7:30 or 8 in the evening in the summer. Past the 324 and in the distance I see the kind of clouds I love. The clouds shaped like only an imagination can conceive. But all I am is imagination and that's why I am writing this. You wore black flats, a gray and pleated skirt and a white sweater. It was 80 degrees out! Your hair was so beautiful and you had one ring on one finger on a hand I can't remember. One thing I can remember is when we washed dishes and you asked me so many leading questions. I talked and talked and talked and remembered to remain positive. Because YOU were positive, and I wanted to be a servant too. And when you introduced yourself you had a first and a last name. One-two one went the syllables from your lips and your voice. Your name reminded me of a song today, so I spent a good portion of the day today listening to the songs that reminded me of it. For no reason at all, but that it reminded me of one-two one. Your name is like a mic check, an audio test and it drives me to wonder if I am even a smudge on your beautiful mind. Sit down the pew from me anytime, and you can be "that person" anytime, 1-2 1. The prettiest, prettiest, the prettiest prettiest hair. The prettiest of the prettiest.

No comments: