wrangled and wrinkled.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Other than sketching, today was my first really work hard day. It felt so good to open an ink can and smell that oil based etching ink. I worked in the print lab most of the day as a T.A. I helped 3 or so people with their etchings, taught them how to bite a plate and ink a plate to run printer's proofs off. It felt good to help people.

Then for the second half, I painted in the painting lab. I had to finish a painting I started during the summer. I got some of Jess's water based screen printing ink and applied that. The colors were so vivid. I don't think that is possible with oil paints. I guess maybe I don't really know how to use oils proficiently yet. I will get there.

Friday's senior seminar class went great. Portfolio reviews are good, but standing for an hour and a half wasn't. I was really encouraged to see what I worked so hard on (even though being called a work-aholic) get praised. I also got great input from my professors. It is finally good to achieve that after feeling like I muddled around for the first 2 years here amidst professors who didn't like my work. Vindication! It's really not that dramatic.

Also this weekend, I realized the extent of grace I receive. I realized why I suffered so much my first year at Akron. I see now the wisdom I have gained. Nothing until that year about my life was ever hard. Praise the Lord for strife and the redemption from it. I suppose now I can fully realize His blessings. A family, friends, confidence, love etc.

No comments: