wrangled and wrinkled.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

"I sleep light...on these drugs tonight."

Ok so now everything makes me want to get physically ill. I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, like I may have said (previous update?) and when I was done, I felt as if I was on drugs. And when the room started spinning that same night I assumed I was. I also slept light that night, just like the song lyric. I just feel sick when I think how I it wasn't really a trip. If it were fake it would be over by now.

So I can only perceive this as an actual event.




You cannot change the past. Is CHANGE the only thing that can quell the burning in our hearts of our shortcomings?


Difference. Similarity = Mediocre. Similarity as an excuse, similarity is not perfection. Perfection is a haunting dream humans have. We can never achieve it. We will never have "perfection". Or what our tiny brains preconceive as "perfection". We can work until our bones literally bleed and our brains decompose and still never be happy. With friends, you take good, bad and (thank you Sergio Leone) the ugly.

Difference is what makes us long for Similarity, but once we think we have it, it turns out to be Difference again. Our idea of difference is an uncomfortable one. It (the idea of difference) EATS good qualities, feelings, passion, love, and forgiveness. It destroys true meaning.

The "Difference Monster" is man's real problem. We base Similarity on Difference, as if one was more important than the other. So when something isn't the same, it is bad. Difference does not equal bad, it equals evolution. A chance for our mind set to change for the better and to adapt with new knowledge.

We (should) celebrate our new knowledge.

The ONLY similar thing that exists is DIFFERENCE. If we cannot except difference we will never grow. We will never live outside ourselves. We will be concentrating on what makes things "similar" and comfortable to us. Difference is true comfort. Knowing nothing will be the same the next time said, spoken, or breathed. Knowledge in this should excite us, and invigorate us. Not seperate us.

No comments: